.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 07, 2005

Let's Pretend...

...that I'm Paul Martin, and I've just been informed that Jack Layton has resoundingly refused to further prop up my minority government.

Now...

...does "No" mean "No"?

Or does it mean "Try harder"?

With the surplus that I have, I could buy approximately 6,000 MRI machines, and still have some leftover for homeless shelters and better water for aboriginal reserves.

Do we really want to throw the damn country to Harpo and his band of idiots and yes-men?

If we pull the plug on the Minority gov't, that's fine with me--they won't be very effective legislatively now anyways. They've passed Bill C-38, which is enough of a legacy for most governments.

But now, what? Its doubtful that they would garner anything but another minority. As much as I've dreamt of the day, the NDP don't stand a chance of gaining that many seats. The notion of a Con-Bloq coalition is enough to scare me; a Conservative majority is enough to put me back on sedatives!

Honestly though, it is probably time for change, as much as I hate to say it. The longer that Martin holds onto power, the greater the eventual electoral backlash will be. We don't necessarily vote for change as much as get totally exasperated by the people holding the purse strings. We saw it in 1984, and again in 1993. We're overdue.

If the masses truly don't see the differences betwen Martin and Harper, then they deserve what they get.

Watch for me, spearheading the charge for an independent Ontario.

Fight the powers that be!

Comments:
I hear you! If we get a Conservative govm't, I'm going to be hoppin' (back) on the meds, big time! I don't want to live in that world.
 
A country that votes for a government out of anger gets what it deserves.
 
Hey, that's my Buster in that picture. Or his great-great-grandfather.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't 

yours?