.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, September 25, 2005

To Meet Or Not To Meet, That IS The Question

A few days ago, I left a comment on L-Girl's blog which, in essence, said that I knew almost exactly where she and Redsock have set up camp. She replied that I should feel free to stalk her anytime that I was in the neighbourhood--which is about four times a year, usually for family birthdays, Christmas and Sister's Canada Day BBQ.

Which begs the necessary question--should Blog Buddies ever meet face to face? Or does it, in fact, shatter the illusions we've built up, lo these past month/years?

So fess up, folks--have you met any of your blog buddies? If yes, who? If not, who would you like to meet?

I would like to meet L-Girl and Redsock, if only because they seem like two people that me and Sweet Baby could actually have a decent conversation with.

Comments:
I can say that i have not actually met any of my "Blog Buddies." Some, such as yourself, I wouldn't mind meeting - I'm sure that would be perfectly fine and pleasant. Others, however, I'm not so sure. I do agree about the "shattering preconceptions" bit - would you ever read those blogs the same way again?
 
I met one blog friend last week, and will meet another this week. My only pre-blog friend in Toronto, I met online through another friend - who I also met online. And so it goes.

So as you can see, my answer is: YES, most definitely! To me one of the joys of the internet is being able to meet - in person, in real life - like-minded people who I'd never find otherwise.

This is not to say I would want to meet everyone I've met through my blog, but that's easily avoided. It takes a special effort to meet. It takes no effort not to.

So I say this in all seriousness: next time you know you're going to be in our area, drop me a line, we can all meet for a beer or three. Do!
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
That was just a duplicate post. I wasn't retracting the invitation. :)
 
This past week-end, I ran into a fellow Hoosier blogger I had linked to as we both rode the bus to the Washington anti-war rally. I think it put a slightly different slant on how I read her blog, but no problems. I was actually glad to put a face to the words.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't 

yours?