.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, September 25, 2005

The New TV Season

I have to admit that my absence from daily blogging has not been entirely Dora-related. In fact, I am what most people refer to as a couch potato. I've been lapping up the new TV season lately, and it's only going to get better!

Lately, I've been enjoying Rome, from HBO (via TMN in Canada), although TWOP's reviews certainly make the show more enjoyable! Not to mention, understandable. Prison Break's been okay too, though not exactly a replacement for 24.

This last week saw the return of two of my absolute favourite shows, Lost and Arrested Development, along with 2 of the 3 CSI's and 2 of the 3 Law & Orders . This coming week will bring Desperate Housewives, Veronica Mars and Alias. What with CPAC on hiatus until at least October, and the Weather Channel being usurped by CNN, what else is there to do but grab a cold one and the channel-changer, and settle in for the evening?

Well, there is the anticipation of Serenity debuting on the silver screen next week, and the eventual return of BSG to Canadian airwaves. Entourage should be back next June.

No TV boo-hoo-ers allowed here! I've said before that I have little (read: none!) patience for those who trot out the old "I have no time for television anymore" routine, and the condescending tone which they inevitably use to say it.

Comments:
I've been enjoying Rome as well. Can't wait for Veronica Mars and Alias to return. Man, the wait for 24 is going to be grueling.

TV Snobs be damned.

I didn't catch Entourage the first time around, but with TV on Demand, I caught the entire 2nd season during a marathon three day period. I love it and hope it returns.

Also wanting more of Deadwood. I think Threshold is pretty damn good series. Still haven't seen a single episode of of Desperate Housewives. I don't know why, it just hasn't been on my must watch list.
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't 

yours?